The real-time PvP action game that has reached 5.5 million downloads worldwide receives a system overhaul, Legend growth system, seasonal Legends trials and more
SANTA MONICA, CALIF. – March 15, 2022 – 5minlab, the independent studio recently acquired by KRAFTON Inc., announced that the real-time PvP action game Smash Legends has received a large-scale Renewal Update that introduces a new Legend, Smash Pass, seasonal Legends trials and more.
As a real-time PvP action game, Smash Legends offers quick matches with short play times and intuitive controls, contributing to more than 5.5 million downloads worldwide. The game offers 25 charming characters (called Legends) based on unique interpretations of popular fairy tales, three modes (dominion, battle royale, duel) and supports cross-play on both mobile and PC (Steam) devices as a multiplatform title.
See below for a breakdown of major additions and changes that went live in Smash Legends with the renewal update. Full patch notes can be found HERE.
- Smash Pass Chapter One Introduces Smash Legends’ 25th Legend: Zepeto – The Renewal Update introduces Smash Pass Chapter One, which will allow players to earn in-game rewards through gameplay. Zepeto, the newest Legend added to the game, can be obtained through the Smash Pass and uses a variety of unique weapons. Smash Pass Chapter One also includes three new sports-themed skins for popular characters like Peter, Cindy and Kaiser.
- Try Out Select Legends For Free With Seasonal Legends Trials – In addition to allowing players to purchase specific legends of interest, they will now be able to try out a select roster of Legends for free on a seasonal basis. Each trial season will last eight weeks, and once complete, a new batch of legends will be available to try out for free. All progress earned with trial Legends will remain once a seasonal trial period has ended.
- Improved User-Friendliness – A primary goal of Smash Legends’ large-scale renewal update is to reorganize the game’s various systems so that they are more user-friendly. In previous iterations of Smash Legends, legends (characters) were obtained randomly, but now players can acquire specific legends through in-game credits or gems.
- Introducing A New Legend Growth System – A growth system – which includes Legend mastery points, ability acquisition and experience points – was added to expand rewards given to active playing users and offer them a fun experience of growth.
- A New Competitive Mode Coming Soon – For those interested in ramping up the intensity, a new Competitive Match Mode will be added to Smash Legends on April 12. Additional details will be announced at a later time.
For more information about Smash Legends and its Renewal Update, please visit https://www.smash-legends.com/ and follow the game on social media (Twitter | Facebook | YouTube).
About KRAFTON, Inc.
KRAFTON, Inc. is a collective of independent game development studios brought together to create innovative and engaging entertainment experiences for gamers across the world. The company consists of PUBG Studios, Bluehole Studio, Striking Distance Studios, RisingWings, Dreamotion, Unknown Worlds and 5minlab, each with its own unique expertise.
KRAFTON is responsible for premier entertainment properties including PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS, NEW STATE MOBILE, The Callisto Protocol, TERA, and ELYON. As a technology-driven company that boasts world-class capabilities, KRAFTON seeks to expand its areas of business beyond games to multimedia entertainment and deep learning. For more information about KRAFTON, please visit https://www.krafton.com.
About 5minlab Corp.
Founded in 2013, 5minlab is a game developer company that strives to create interactive experiences that make the world more enjoyable in 5 minutes at a time. To date, 5minlab has release nearly 30 experimental and creative games, including Brickscape (3D puzzle game), Toy Clash (strategy defense AR/VR game) and Billion Builders (casual game).The real-time PvP game Smash Legends was released in 13th April 2021 and has surpassed 5.5 million downloads since its launch.